We are just under a few days out from The 2019 USA Powerlifting Beast of the Metro East!! Sorry this is coming in so late, I caught a nasty cold/flu over the weekend and it has been kicking my ass.
The roster, flights and schedule are very close to being finalized. This should be done by the end of today (Wednesday). As usual, there have been some weight class changes, some scratches and late entries. None of which, have that much impact but please make sure you confirm your schedule, the day you lift, what time your weigh in is and what platform and flight you are in.
As I mentioned, the roster is still being updated. ON THURSDAY, Please review your Athlete Profile by going to the Liftingcast Roster and click on your name to verify your information is up to date.
Weigh Ins: Will start on their designated times; 6:00 AM and 12:00 PM. So if you are concerned about your weigh in, please arrive early, especially if you do not take advantage of the early equipment check in on Friday.
- Weigh in will be done by lot numbers and by platform. Essentially, two lines for weigh ins “Platform 1” and “Platform 2” and the order will start lowest lot number to highest lot number. If you miss your name being called you will have to wait until the next round. So if you are concerned about your weigh in, please arrive early, especially if you do not take advantage of the early equipment check in on Friday.
- Youth competitors (13 and under) MUST weigh in wearing their singlet & t-shirt and be accompanied by a parent, guardian or coach. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- Weigh ins will be conducted by lot number. “Where there are multiple flights lifting in a session, flights will be weighed in the order in which they lift. So the lot numbers assigned to first flight will be lower than the numbers for the second flight and so on. All lifters in the 1st flight who are present when called will have one opportunity to weigh before lifters in the 2nd flight – this rule will apply for succeeding flights. Lifters who were absent when called to the scale will weigh in after all the lifters who were present.“
**PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR STATE I.D. AND USA POWERLIFTING MEMBERSHIP CARD/NUMBER WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES, AN ELECTRONIC COPY ON YOUR PHONE IS AUTHORIZED**
You will need to show this at check ins and for drug testing.
DO NOT FORGET THESE
Rick Miller Photography will be on site to capture the day’s events.
Rick offers you the ability to hire a Professional Photographer to cover your performance for a fraction of the cost. Pre-registered athletes will have priority in coverage and receive discounted pricing. This is an awesome opportunity that you should not think twice about. More information can be found here
Wayno’s International Food Truck will be on site. They have incredible food and even better service! Unfortunately, outside food will be prohibited. Athletes are the only exception.
Personal Equipment and Rules of Performance: Please review the Lifter’s Handbook and brush up on your rules of performance. Likewise, please make sure you have all of the REQUIRED personal equipment to compete. For local competition, personal equipment must fall under Technical Specifications. Personal Equipment DOES NOT need to be on the IPF approved list. If you fail to meet these requirements, you will not be allowed to compete. Equipped lifters fall under much tighter scrutiny and your supportive gear (SQ/DL suits and BN shirts) MUST be on the IPF approved list. Knee wraps must fall within technical specs of the IPF approved equipment.
- Non-supportive singlet (REQUIRED)
- T-shirt (REQUIRED)
- Socks (SHIN LENGTH SOCKS MUST BE WORN DURING THE DEADLIFT PORTION OF THE COMPETITION)
- Shoes (REQUIRED – SPORTS SHOES, POWERLIFTING BOOTS OR DEADLIFT SLIPPERS) HIKING/WORK BOOTS OR CLEATED SHOES DO NOT QUALIFY
- Wrist wraps
- Single-ply neoprene knee sleeves without attaching and/or tightening mechanisms like Velcro, clips, or straps
New Lifter Tips: This is a very helpful list to review to help you be prepared for meet day
Schedule: 2 Platforms, 2 sessions
- Friday, December 6th:
- Early equipment check ins – 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm. This is not a requirement, but I would recommend trying to make it to this. One less thing for you to worry about on meet day.
- Saturday, December 7th:
- Session 1: 8:00 am – 1:00 pm (55 Lifters)
- Women’s 43, 47, 52, 57, 63, 72, 84, 84+, Men’s 59, 66, 74
- Athlete Check Ins Open: 6:00 am
- Weigh Ins Open: 6:00 am
- Weigh Ins Close: 7:30 am
- Rules Briefing: 7:45 am
- Lifting Starts: 8:00 am
- Awards and Drug Testing Protocol: 1:00 pm
- Session 2: 2:00 pm – 7:00 pm (56 Lifters)
- Men’s 83, 93, 105, 120, 120+
- Athlete Check Ins Open: 11:45 am
- Weigh Ins Open: 12:00 pm
- Weigh Ins Close: 1:30 pm
- Rules Briefing: 1:45 pm
- Lifting Starts: 2:00 pm
- Awards and Drug Testing Protocol: 7:00 pm
Address and Parking: McKendree University Sports Performance Center, 109 Perryman Rd, Lebanon, IL. 62254
Entry Fees: All Spectators and All Coaches must purchase a wristband to enter. Entry is $10.
*Coaches – to access to the warm up room you must be listed on the Athlete’s profile to gain entry. Coaches DO NOT NEED TO BE USA Powerlifting member for local meets.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
You had better be getting your sleep! Recovery, recovery, recovery!
Yours in Strength,
USA Powerlifting – Illinois State Chair